It is time for the Idaho legislature to add the words "sexual orientation and gender identity" to Idaho's human rights act to include gay and transgender people in Idaho fair employment, housing and education laws.
1. WRITE a short message on four sticky post it notes. Your message should be addressed to your three legislators, showing them you care about your gay and transgender friends, family, classmates and co-workers. Respectfully ask them to add the words. Sign your name*, list your town, and include something about yourself.
2. MAIL your sticky notes in envelopes to each of your two representatives and your one senator. Be sure to put return addresses on your envelopes.
3. Please also mail one to us at Add the Words Box 2661 Boise 83701. We will post it in the Capitol once the legislative session begins and your 3 legislators are in Boise.
NOTE: If you are super short on time, you can simply email or text us your 20 word message and we will post it in the Capitol for you. Be sure to include your name and town. email@example.com
Text Two08 724 1761.
We need many messages from every Idaho town.
--Thank you! Together we'll make lives better!
*(first name is ok if you do not work at a place with fair employment protections)
| ||POST YOUR OWN STICKY IN THE STATEHOUSE! |
Live in Boise's Downtown, Northend, Eastend, Foothills, Garden City, Bench or Harris Ranch?
1) Write ONE sticky note message to law makers
2) Respectfully post it on a glass door the statehouse any time of day or evening. The commmitte room doors in the underground wings or the House or Senate doors on the 3rd floor are perfect!
3) Read the folllowing statement as statehouse security remove your note:
This is the most peaceful way we could think of to both protest the fact that year after year we are denied a public hearing, and to make sure that those across the state can have their voices heard inside the capitol. Our sticky notes are simply words, not a permanent fixture, just our calm way of respectfully and quietly bringing the voices and stories of thousands of Idahoans here.
It's time our legislature added the words 'sexual orientation' & 'gender identity' to Idaho's human rights act so that our gay and transgender friends are included in our fair employment, housing and education laws.
4) Take a photo if you can and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Download directions to PRINT